“I have a great website, so why isn’t anyone visiting it?
When you are operating a business website, it is crucial that your site can be easily found.
Just as bricks and mortar retail stores try to get the best position with the highest pedestrian count, websites need to rank well in search engines to be successful.
When your website is displayed on the first page of search results, you obtain highly qualified leads, and with a well-structured website – an excellent conversion rate.
So SEO really is one of the keys to the success of your online business.
First, understand how search engines work.
Customers are looking for information to help them choose a product or service. Search engines help them by finding web pages that provide useful and helpful information about that product or service.
Therefore, search engines are aiming to deliver the best, most up-to-date information to people searching the web, so they favour sites that are updated often with good quality text content.
Your ranking is determined by many factors.
- The relevance of the keyword or search terms to what the searcher is seeking.
- The popularity of the search term among the people who actually search.
- Technical elements such as the use of keywords/phrases in page titles, and the use of all keywords and phrases within the body text.
By understanding search terms and developing appropriate SEO strategies, your website can gradually improve its search engine rankings.
So the key to SEO is…
- Select keywords or phrases that identify the products and services you offer and the regions that you service ie, the keywords your customers are using.
- Update your website with content that is relevant to your target audience, and utilises these keywords. Blog and/or portfolio items with detailed product or service descriptions, and images with tags are part of a great strategy to bolster your rankings.
But don’t let SEO compromise your content!
Once a customer visits your website, you don’t want to lose them with poorly written content that overuses SEO terms in every sentence. While you might achieve good rankings, you’ll miss out on good conversion as your site will be difficult to read.
Therefore, good quality and well written content must come first, with your SEO terms built in where appropriate, as the icing on the cake.
This is where it pays to use a professional website content writer with SEO experience.
Need some help with your SEO or not sure where to begin?
At Reveler, we don’t just offer Geelong website design services, we make our sites sound great and rank well too! Our range of SEO packages can be tailored for the most basic website, through to complex online stores.
As a SEO Geelong marketing agency, we work with you to identify a number of key search phrases or keywords that your customers are using. By strategically adding these into your website content, we can influence where your website is ranked in search engines such as Google.
SEO is tricky, we’ll make it easy
Once your SEO is up and running, you need to take care of it. Search Engines are constantly changing the way they determine rankings, so it’s best to have someone take care of the nitty gritty.
Our monthly SEO monitoring and maintenance plans keep your SEO working and ranking well, plus you’ll receive a monthly report to ensure everything is on track.
Convinced? Get in touch and let’s get your SEO started.